Wednesday, November 07, 2012

Cosplayer Interview: Denika Kiomi

Welcome to another Cosplayer Interview. This week we are going to the south for our next cosplayer ~ Denika Kiomi.

We have all used props in our cosplay. Some are simple while others are extremely detailed. The prop (to use a simple term) that she used for her Elizaveta Hedervary cosplay was just brilliant. She used a horse (as did her other cosplayers) which really added some depth to the photoshoot. We even ask her about it in the interview.

When I reviewed her other cosplays, she did some great ones of Asuka Shikinami Langley of NGE fame. She did a couple of the usual ones in her sundress and School Uniform. What amazed me though was Asuka in her plugsuit from 'Rebuild of Evangelion: 2.22 You Can (Not) Advance' movie. With her friend doing Mari, they both really shined on the stage.

I also give her high marks for answering in English (not her native language), as you will note some minor changes to the grammar. I guess I should move along now to the interview, so lets get started.

What is your name, where do you reside and what is your age?

My name is Alena. My nickname is Denika Kiomi. I live in Belarus (Minsk). I am sixteen years old.

What first started you on the road to cosplay?

At first, I began to learn more about it. I searched the Internet for information about the cosplayers. I bought the necessary things for cosplay and first performed. And it was memorable!


How do you choose which characters you will Cosplay?

I cosplay what I like. I usually pay attention to the character and appearance.

I was very impressed with your cosplay of Elizaveta Hedervary from Hetalia Axis Power. Your cosplay was stunning in itself, but the use of the horses was extraordinary. Where did you get this idea and how hard was it to be photographed with the horses?

Thank you ^^

It's was photo session of my dream. I thought it [was] impossible. But I did it! I found a private stable near the country and a lease for horses. My horse was very naughty and sit[ting] on it was difficult to.

I have seen many cosplays of Clarissa Rezelput (from Doors of Chaos) in her red or blue dress. What made you and Veliya got for a more alluring version of the characters?

We decided to do a photo shoot since it has never been done. All cosplay other dresses, and we decided to distinguish [from the other cosplayers].

I see that you and Veliya have cosplayed together as other characters as well. How did this come about for you to make this connection?

It's simple. Veliya is my best friend. We started cosplay together.

How is cosplayed perceived (good, bad, indifferent) and how is the turn out for cosplay in your country?

Cosplay [is] perceived as good or I can say that is perceived with interest surrounding [the craft]. Belarus has a lot of people who cosplay and [the] level of cosplay is fairly high.
With Veliya as
Mari Illastries Makinami

What conventions or shows have you cosplayed at and have you gotten any awards?

On Higan 2012, Veliya and I took third place in the defile on computer games and group defile.

When not cosplaying, what do you do?

I [enjoy playing] computer games like Lineage 2 and Final Fantasy. I like read, sing and draw.

For any aspiring cosplayers a little shy, what words of wisdom do you have for them to get started?

My main advice is not to be afraid and to go rapidly to the intended purpose. All will!

Where can we catch more of your Cosplay at?

You can find me here:

DeviantArt  |  Cosplay.com  |  Twitter  |  Formspring

Here is a Shout Out to our Photographers: 

akami  |  angriberen  |  Margarita Senkova |  nkv  |  toxic_foxik
 


Some Additional Cosplay Photographs
 
 
With Veliya as Paddra nsu-Yeul
 
 
  
 I want to thank Denika Kiomi for taking the time to write to me and to the Photographers for the great photos that you get to see here today.

Want to be my next interviewed COSPLAY STAR or know someone that you want to recommend? Drop me a line a bluedrakon (at) gmail (dot) com!

2 comments:

  1. Using horse is indeed extraordinary in cosplaying and I really like the cosplay of Asuka. Very nice background. Wonder if the palace background superimpose?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the horse and it really was awesome to see. From where they are located, the background palace is real.

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...