Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Maryland Life: Wineries

I wanted to add some local flare to the blog. I have seen others blog about trips, food and stuff in their regional of the World. Many of you may not know this, but Maryland has a great number of winery's to go to. In fact next weekend, we are all going to the 27th Maryland Wine Festival. There are about 40 winery's in Maryland and offer a diverse selection of wines.I mostly like the sweet dessert wines and my wife likes the reds and fruity wines.


When we went down for my niece's second birthday party, I decide to take a side trip to Boordy Vineyards. It is a bit back in the woods and was a nice drive through the country. I was surprised by the addition of a wine tasting building, but it was a blast. Well except for my son who was "bored".


He had his DSi to play with while we did the tasting. For $5.00/person, you got a glass and were able to taste 6 wines each. Not a full glass mine you, but still enough that we were able to taste twelve between the two of us. We had to leave, but I wanted to take a wine tour that was starting in 20 minutes. Oh well, maybe next time.

Here are shots of the buildings, decor inside and outside of the winery.








Lets take a look at the inside of the main building and see the large selection of wine they offer.



Now for the real players in all this, the grape vines - yummy, but no touch!



2 comments:

  1. That's what I call lifestyle blogging my friend. It's always nice to know how good it is on the other side of the world whereby these are stuffs which I don't get to saw in Singapore. Appreciating wine in the making as well as wine itself.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dennis aka Katsuden ~ thanks for the kind comment, I will see if I can do more of these for everyone from time to time

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...