Sunday, July 26, 2009

Manga Review: Oh My Goddess! Colors

Oh My Goddess! Colors
Author and Artist:
Kosuke Fujishima
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics


After reading much a-do about this, I finally ordered it from Amazon (need to save cash). I have to say the cover is quite impressive with gold foil. The inside colored artwork is even just as great. I liked how they had a separate story for each of the goddess (Belldandy, Urd, Skuld and Peorth) in color.

I have seen some of the Anime and not really read any of the Manga. I have to say, this has given me a great intorduction to the world of OMG! It showed how each of the goddess interacted with Keiichi in his day to day life. It is funny, sexy and heartwarming and usually all in the same page. If I had never heard of this series, I can say wiothout a doubt, this would be a good beginning point.

It is well laid out and a definite MUST HAVE for any OMG! Collector. You not only get a short story that introduces the Goddess, but also an essay for each one as well. They have an encyclopedia of OMG! terminology, a illustrated description of the vehicles used and a summary of each chapter through to Volume 30, Chapter 194. The last page is an Afterword by Fred Gallagher (MegaTokyo fame).

NEO GOLD AWARD

"For an OMG fan, this is an absolute must-have a fan s guide to the series that unashamedly immerses itself with total glee in the sugary sweet world of Belldandy and co. The coloured pages are beautiful to behold and the introductory Manga (illustrated by Neon Genesis Evangelion Angel designer Yoshitou Asari) is wonderfully irreverent description of the series that is sure to have you in stitches." - NEO Magazine

Here is the cover and 3 pages from the book:


No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...