Friday, March 05, 2010

Figure Review: Daphne in the Brilliant Blue

Welcome to Figure Friday and I hope that you enjoy the show. A while back I got the Collectors Box for Daphne in the Brilliant Blue. It came with 2 figures from the Anime. One was of the ditsy Maia Mizuki and the other of the Leader of the Nereids Kamchatka branch, Rena Honjo.

Both of these are pretty much gashapon figures. In fact, you can see where I had a hell of a time getting Maia's arms to connect completely later in the broadcast. For a bunch of freebies, they are not that bad. They are in their "fighting clothes" as seen in the Anime. This was one of the factors in me getting it as there is plenty of fan service throughout the show. I was impressed by the amount of details placed on these characters and found them to be a nice addition to my collection. Both of their heads is on a ball socket, so it has plenty of movement as well.

Rena is 4.5 inches wide by almost 5 inches tall (she is in a running pose). I have always likes poses that showed some type of action. This one shows her in mid stride (heehee), running after an assailant. Seems that they kept the fan service alive with this and Maia's figures.

Nice Curves


Close Ups PleaseWOW!

Maia is 2.25 inches tall by 3.5 inches long (she is a sitting figure). You will see later how great a job they did on her posterior. Honestly, it must have take hours to get that right (PERVERT). The nose is a bit odd - thinking button nose. I also has something under her eye I could not get rid of. The pose does sort of match her character as it is cutesy in a way that it is done.

Pantsu Shot!

Please - don't make me put myself in that position!

>

>

>

>

>


>

I am so ashamed

bye - bye . . . PERVERT!

8 comments:

  1. Wait a second, I think the fact that you can put her into this pose http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_zylxxvtiFPM/S5BeMT6Ny0I/AAAAAAAAChc/4nz1gulSaXA/s1600-h/Maia+%285%29.jpg is significant... She looks like she wants something. It was definitely intended.

    Anyhow, they look as gachapon figures would look. The curves and body shape are sculpted rather well. Whenever I get one of these I have to go crazy on it with a design knife - fixing all those little blemishes that are inherent of these sorts of figures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. whoa its getting hot here lol!!! Lots of fan service pose :D Maia looks like she wants some spanking ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ Ningyo - I did not put her in that pose, she , umm, sort of fell that way - yea, that's it, she just fell into that position.

    I thought about "cleaning" them up as well, but am nervous I might screw it up.

    @chubbybots - That pose was just aching to be taken. I am such a Bad Boy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great picks, nice booty shot with Maia picture. She looks so sweet and innocent, oh man I going to heck for this. LOL!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not a big fan of gashapons because of finishes but those looks quite correctly worked.
    You put Maia in a delicate position. LooooL

    Nice photos ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I must admit I enjoyed those pics! Guess it makes me a PERVERT! But I won't mind. Ha! Ha! Very one is pervert in some way or another.

    On a serious note, the figures really are gorgeous and the angle taken gives great feel!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For freebies, they're definitely not bad. Interesting poses... haha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Andrew - the pose had to be done

    @Lylibellule - felt kind of a perv doing that shot O_o

    @Dennis - I am trying some new angles thanks to other bloggers that have taken some neat stuff

    @Yi - freebies are great at times :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...