Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Appleseed XIII Update


I was reviewing the news over at ANN today and found this disturbing report. It seems that Micott & Basara filed for voluntary bankruptcy. They filed at the Tokyo District Court on April 21 and have incurred about $23.7 million (1.938 billion yen) in debt.

For those that are wondering why this affects Appleseed XIII, this is the production company that is working on the series. In fact they were the ones that produced both movies (Appleseed and Appleseed: Ex Machina).

It seems some of the money loss may have came from the dropped computer-animated series Appleseed: Genesis (2008). RADIX Mobanimation Company sued Micott & Basara over lost production costs, while Micott & Basara counter-sued Radix for restitution and compensation. Talk about a Yin/Yang affect - arg!

It has been reported however that Appleseed XIII may continue production (fingers crossed) via animeanime.biz (in Japanese).

I am really hoping that this does come to fruition as I love this series and the Anime is absolutely stunning.

2 comments:

  1. I have only watched Appleseed movie in the past and I'm impressed with the CGI and plot. I was once tempted to get its figurines.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Dennis aka Katsuden ~ I have both of them in my collection from the first movie

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...