Monday, August 01, 2011

Cosplay for a Cause

How can you mix your love of Cosplay while helping those in Japan recover from the Tsunami?

Why don't you get a cool 2012 Cosplay calendar over at Cosplay for a Cause!

I found this site while reviewing my favorite cosplayers. I have been meaning to see what it was all about and how they were helping. I was taken back by the number of stunning cosplayers they had for this calendar. It was even more refreshing to see that 100% of the proceeds were going to the Japan Red Cross Society.

I LOVE YOKO!
I instantly recognized some of the ladies that I have been admiring for a while. If you have to be a name dropper, then lets get it started with who I know right off the bat. There was Alodia Gosiengfiao, Francesca Dani, Linda Le (Vampy), Lindze, Pixelette, Riddle and Yaya Han. That was just the tip of the iceberg as there were so many more that I will have to now check out.

They even have 4 artist that are helping as well on this calendar.

For $17.99 and shipping you will get a 13 month calendar filled with these lovely ladies of cosplay as well as some wonderful artwork. It will fold out to 11 x 22 with each image being 11 x 17 (that is seriously a HUGE photo print) That size would look great framed and mounted on your wall.

Why are you still reading, get over there and get your 2012 calendar!

They were kind enough to send me some very lovely teasers that I can share with you. See, checking out my site does have its own rewards for my readers :D I have to say that I am very much anticipating my calendar as they note the photos have never been seen before. If you are like me, you just love exclusives and this one will have it in spades.


Now, just have to figure out how to get all the Lovely Ladies of Cosplay to sign it now - any ideas?

OH!, and the artists, can't forget the artist as they rock 2!

BTW: Check out Japan Cinema for some Interviews with the Cosplayers.

5 comments:

  1. I'm not too sure I'm buying a copy but I had previously made some donation with Red Cross. I will continue to support Japanese stuff to boost their economic. Hee! Hee!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Japanese Red Cross seems very good in operation. Because I think of the Red Cross in China, which misuses money people donate.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Dennis aka Katsuden ~ it is not for everyone, but for me, it was something nice to track next year with

    @Toy Review ~ I have heard that some charities have misused funds that they have received, but I am sure that the Japanese branch is not.

    ReplyDelete
  4. http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-gsRczHD4sKg/TjIJR7OpeVI/AAAAAAAAJq4/EBB3wazsV4A/s200/linda_le_teaser.jpg

    This one is my favorite cosplay, it looks so similar!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Fabrice ~ that is Linda Le being Rei from Evangelion. You can see more of her cosplay at http://www.vampbeauty.com/gallery_flip.htm

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...