Thursday, August 02, 2012

DC’S WEB-REPORT SD CC 2012 DAY 1, cont.

DC ATTENDED QUEEN YAYA HAN’S COSPLAY DISCUSSION PANEL

The “Old Amateur Cosplayer”, now “Professional Cosplayer”, deemed by the “Highest‘ of Cosplayers, Lady Yaya Han, MARCHED!. This SD Comic Con of 2012 change my LIFE. The same way the 2002 SD Comic Con change my life, when I was deemed a “Professional Writer of Science Fiction” by the late “Dean of Science Fiction”, and Mentor, Ray Bradbury. Out to the bay side of the San Diego Convention Center! Good place for taking, “Con-Break-Come-Down”, San Diego Bay picture taking, Snack and a Smoke break, Cosplay Photo shots by the Marina , or, Cooling by breaking open your Cosplay Costume and catch the bay’s breeze. This is my favorite place for that.

My Readers, it is only when I wrote the previous post, I realized what I have been doing, “Naturally/Instinctively”, COSPLAYING all these years. “ACTING”! Too many High School Production Drama classes, “LITTLE THEATER”, to list here. THEN, on the “Photo Shoot/Stage Spot Light”, with Lady Yaya’s, “Welcome Into Our COSPLAY/ACTOR Spot Light”… “ACTING”, and, “COSPLAYING”, are, “ONE of THE SAME. The “Impromptus”, “Ad-Live”, Become the Character, STREET THEATER, etc, It’s ACTING! “AND I HAD BEEN RECONIZED , AS ONE, BY THEE, BEST OF THEM”! Now I must learn the “Craft of Cosplay”, AND DO HONOR, to the title of, “PROFESSIONAL COSPLAYER”, Lady Yaya bestowed on me. “COSPLAY COLLEGE”, Room 2# at Noon! DCR NEVER BREAKS HIS WORD, TO HIS QUEEN!

Very early, with a dollar as a joke, in fist, to Staffer, “Try to Sneak a Tip”, at door, (I’m not joking working man. I’m retired, and know what it‘s like!), I was waved in. Second row FRONT, on the end.

Why there? YOU MY READERS! I prayed for THE BUDDHA’S LUCK, to hand my card to her only. Karma is a “Goddess of Blessing”, (not VENGENTS) to me, and blesses me all the time. OH HOW SHE laid a B-52 Size BOMB LOAD on me this Con. (INCOMING DC!) There at the podium, Lady Yaya, hard at work with her crew. (Team YAYA? If you Readers know the PROPER TERM, Drop Note me Please!) Sweet “Straight Shot”, to her, BOW and SPLIT!

I turned to a man behind me, offered a TEN SPOT, and asked if he would take a picture when I handed Lady Yaya my card. “Keep your TEN SPOT guy”, and took my camera. Saw my chance, stood and move to up to a blue haired Cosplayer of Team Yaya. She has noticed me the shoot and smiled. I asked her if I could have a moment only to hand Lady Yaya my card only. She asked her, and Lady Yaya was kind enough to take a moment . She step over and bladed me to her, with that smile. GO! I step up and kneeled. “Thank you so much for taking a moment with me. As last year when we first met cosplaying on the Dealer’s Room floor, you had no pocket to put my card in. So here it is, and thank you again for sharing the “Spot Light”, with you.”, I said. “Your Welcome ANY TIME”, she said taking my card and offer, her hand to me. Taking it, I said, “And give your Dragon this for me, MY FELLOW DRAGON LOVER!”. I kissed her hand. “YOU REMEMBER!”, she said ever so happy I did! I retreated back to my seat.

The Panel Discussion with her Power Point presentation I found it one of the BEST I have ever attended at the Cons. The panel was carried with a “Very Friendly Family”, exchange. And “FAMILY WE ARE”! WE spoke on such “Social Aspect of Cosplay as:

Why do we Cosplay?
What does Cosplay mean to each of us?
Why is there “Cosplay Drama”?
How has Cosplay progressed in last 10 years?
Social NETWORKING to commutate with other Cosplayers.
What are the Negative and Positives aspects of Cosplay?
Cross Dress Cosplaying.
What is “Proper Etiquette”, when Cosplaying, Photo Shooting Cosplayers, and Socializing?

The points that hit “TOO”, close to home in this Cosplayer, hit “Hard”! The stories of “Being Looked Down On”, Weird, etc., were told as a FAMILY, and discuss as one! Points were made, and I made mine. I stood and that got Lady Yaya's attention. With “PAIN of SOUL”, and up raised arms I said to her: “My own SON, is ashamed of me! I’ve been told once when we had to live together one Con year. Do you have to wear that WEIRD COSTUME out the door! BAD ENOUGH YOU DID ONE HOLLOWEEN!”.
I then turned to the room shaking my head. THEY LAUGH! Not Lady Yaya! The face of “PURE SADDNESS “ shaking her head, and the sound of, Ohoooooooo! That was a “HUG of SOUL” that said, “I am so Sorry for you, and That is not RIGHT!”.

Social Networking was another point. I FEAR this. Too much reality on CNN, THEN, G.I.T.S…. That is the way of Life and Net NOW! MY Queen COMMAND, I do. And as in G.I.T.S. we form in the NET…. “OUR NEXUS IN THE NET OF COSPLAY!” The next one was Proper Etiquette of Cosplay and Photo Shooting. “RESPECT” was the “Lesson/Point” made. One person said the 2 words: “COMMON SENSE”! I pointed to him and said: “Common Sense. Sadly it’s a SUPER POWER THESE DAYS! And Thank you!”. Applause was given her. Lady Yaya then spoke on PROFESSIONAL COSPLAY PHOTO SHOOTS. Casual Cosplayer trying to get a shot with her and such. It is working! Not having fun. FEAR HIT ME B-52 FULL BOMB LOAD OF 500 POUNDERS! “Any more questions? We have only a few minuets left together.” she said to all looking about. She looked down on me. Saw the FEAR. She HAD TO! Gave me a Smile that said to me: “You WERE PROPER, MANNERLY, FOLLOW ETIQUETTE, and You are WELCOME ANY TIME BACK.” She watch me “Understand, and head bow”. Nodded back at me. RELIEF!

At the panel close and we were departing out I passed the stage. Lady Yaya must of hear my: “You go First Please.” to a disable lady Cosplayer leaving. She waved. I signaled back with a finger to her, my head, then heart, LOVE + PEACE, and head bow to “OUR QUEEN OF COSPLAY“ . With the rest of the RUSH to the place of MEN‘S REST, I went outside to make my notes, eat, and break. Only when writing the post, I discover what that old memory was. ACTING! One day in the NET, or in person, I will thank and explain what she a waken in this man. And I will give her a Little Red Dragon, from her Fellow Dragon Lover. Sign on base: “U have Made This Old Dragon, Fly with Youngling!”, DC.

The rest of my Con Day-1# was simple “VICTORY BEER and BURGER”, Lunch. I was TOO HIGH to be my “OFFENED”, self across the Bull Horn BLASTS of STUPITIY. At the Hilton Hotel, in the Fox Sport Grill I ate and drank that lunch. With A Beer held out I announced a “RAISING OF THE FIST OF HONOR!” I use my “Warrior’s Voice”.

“I, DRAGON MAN, so given this Honor Name by MY BROTHERS of my CLUB in the far East, I RAISE THIS BEER. My CHILDHOOD FRIEND BILL PORTER, I asked only to borrow $ 100.00 for this Con that ALL HOPE was LOST. HE PASSED THE HAT! And MY CLUB BROTHER GAVE ME WAR CHEST 4 and HALF TIMES THAT! TO THEE MY BROTHERS, I DRINK THIS HONOR BEER!”. All DRANK! “Now will all join me in a Departing SONG?”, I asked. Raised Wrist was the answer. Hold the last gulp of beer I sang:

“ALL AROUND THE WORLD THEY COME,
TO THE SHORES OF AMERICA.
THEY HAVE A DREAM, TO GET THEM THERE.
WHAT IS THAT DREAM? COMIC CON!
BLOWS…..
PROTESTERS BLOWS……..
SO MUCH BS……
THEY MUST BE PROGRAMED……HOW SAD!
JOIN OUR MARCH, OF THE FREEMINDS.
WHERE WE MARCH? TO COMIC CON!

The rest of my day’s Con was just ONE BIG COSPLAY. The “Futurerama”, panel conflicted with the Queen’s Panel. And LONG LINES for anything really for me. From Dealer’s Room Floor, to Front of the Convention Center, I Cosplayed! Before retreated and call it a Con-Day, I had to cruise through the area where I had my time in the “Spot Light”, with OUR QUEEN. The area was clear. Only a small group of Cosplayers were about on my side of it. “YOU’RE THE COSPLAYER THAT YAYA WAS SHOOTING!”, one girl said. “YOU LOOKED DAMN GOOD GUY!”, said another. “AND YOUR NOT OLD!”….. I bow, PROPER Cosplay intro made. “Have you see the “Ackson Cosplay Video”, that the song was Chris Brown YEA 3X?” All had and remarks flew! “THEN… WILL YOU JOIN THIS ELDER PROFESSIONAL COSPLAYER AND COSPLAY THROUGH THIS PLACE IN OUR QUEEN’S HONOR?”, I asked with staff raised. They cheered. With “MY TAO STRUT”, in CRUISE, and only MY VOICE, making it‘s best to sound “Electronic“, we COSPLAYED, and SANG…..

(DAN! PUT U-K-VIDO HERE! SIGN MY DC, KATE ON PH! TALK + SENDING)

4 comments:

  1. Day 1 and yet to see any cosplay from anime... Well, good to see some professional cosplay there and hot chic too! Sorry I used chic and hope it not rude to your context.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am hoping there is more to come once DC gets pen to paper. I guess since it is a 'Comic Con' it may have more of that :(

      Delete
  2. Your own son thinks you cosplaying is weird? Have you been doing it since he was a baby? I'm curious. I still haven't been brave enough to cosplay and I look up to you as a fellow father-into-anime-stuff being able to cosplay and attend cons so often. I keep thinking I'm "too old" to be cosplaying with the young crowd but then I come along here and see this type of thing and it reassures me that cosplay is for everyone of every age and walk of life. I can imagine it hits the hardest when your son would criticize, and I think that's one of the parts I worry about the most. At least you do it though! Just remember you inspire others :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My Friends Persocom + ALL COSPLAY ARTISTS;
      And it is STILL GOES ON! But FEAR NOT!For I have STOOD UP to "REALITY", SHAMED IT, for it's DISRESPECT to ME! HEAR ME ALL. For OUR QUEEN of all COSPLAY, THEE Lady Yaya HAN has invited me to be,at her side, just as YOU, YES YOU, MY READERS REMIND ME! "Your a "INSPERATION", THE "OLDEST COSPLAYER!".
      A post on "How The QUEEN of COSPLAY, Made a "OLD RED DRAGON", FLY WITH THE YOUNGING!"
      YOU MY READERS SHALL BE THERE WITH ME EACH STEP OF THE WAY!
      DC Rushton:"The Priest of Tao/The Oldest COSPLAYER!

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...