Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Review: HCM 21-00 Gundam Mk II Complete Set

I have been meaning to get this up for a while, but been a bit busy.

I picked up some Gundam from the HCMpro (High Complete Model Professional) line off eBay a while ago. I did get a Zaku box set from Gundam Seed and may have that reviewed a little later down the road. I apologize for taking so damn long to get this review up. This kit was already pretty much assembled, so I could play with it right away.

I have to admit this is an awesome kit to own due to everything you get. You have the A.E.U.G. Mobile Suit RX-178 Gundam Mk-11, the G-Defenser and Flying Armor with a display base. What more could you want with all the additional accessories to boot (hands and weapons)?

This is similar, but smaller version of the Gundam Fix Figuration (GFF) lineup since they are 1/200th scale. The details however were just as specatular as it bigger versions. I was impressed with how much color was used in these to really showcase the figures and accessories. I didn't see much over spray on this, but there was some. For being a fraction of the price of a GFF figure, it is well worth it to own.

Box Photos and Interior Packaging

Like the GFF line, you can pose this in a multitude of ways. The included display stand is extremely helpful in setting this up. It was fairly easy for me to duplicate the setups from the box into reality. This was fun and enjoyable to play with (if you want to call it that) getting it into the different variations. It is highly poseable as you will see see below. Nothing broke when I was doing this, but sometimes it was a pain to get them to 'sit' properly.

 Typical Display of this Set
 
 
 
 

Gundam Standing on Sled

 Laying on the Sled
 

What was really made me happy was the way I could combine this into Super Gundam! It was seriously cool how this all went together and was a bit easier that I thought. The G-Defensor looks like a couple of blue sharks on his back with the missile bays opened up. I mixed it up with the beam rifle and the sabres for these shots. Though I may have been a bit theatrical with how I have the sabre beams crossed \(o~O)/

Super Gundam
 
 
 

Oh well, that's about it for this review. Let me know your thoughts and if you have anything from this series.

Until next time!

6 comments:

  1. Whoa that's an old one you've found, but its quality sure does not falter behind today's latest action figures from Bandai!

    Interesting that you describe the missile launchers as sharks; I never thought as so before, but the lids opened up do look like shark mouths with the missiles sticking out like "teeth"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I kind of wanted something nice but not as big as GFF series. It is a very nice collection and hope to maybe show more later.

      You are right about the teeth and shark. Glad to know I wasn't the only person who saw that!

      Delete
  2. I have to say that is one awesome Gundam figure. And the shark looking missile launchers totally seal the deal. All I have to say that it is frigging sweet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is a pretty cool box set with all you get included - thx!

      Delete
  3. Those pics really tell a lot. Not my ideal size for my collection but I like the box design a lot and the complete accessories and stand are thumbs up! Not to mention the great details and posing for a small toy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wanted to show a lot more, but it would have been photo crazy. It is a nice set to own for sure.

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...