Tuesday, July 07, 2009

Car Broke Down

So we had gone out of town for about 10 days to visit family. We had no issues with getting back in my wife's truck (Toyota RAV4) from the airport. When I got into my car the next day, the !@#$%^&*() battery light was on. Usually when this happens the damn Alternator goes bad (2000 Mercury Cougar).


Took the car to Sears to look at the battery. Made it to the entrance before she took a nose dive. I actually had to drive it in the store with a battery charger on the engine and the hood up. Reminded me of my old driving exams.

So battery was fine and they recharged it for me. I was able to make it to the dealership and dropped it off in the overnight area. Now most people would say why go here as they charge over charge you. Well I just had the Alternator switched out last September, so it would still be under my 1 year warranty. It seems to be an issue with Cougars as this is the 5th one replaced.


To my amazement, it was fixed and ready for me today. NO CHARGE and another year warranty on the part - heeheehee.

Anyone else have repeated issues with their vehicles?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...