Sunday, December 06, 2009

Taste Testing

Decided to have some fun and do a taste testing here at home. I had picked up some Japanese food and drinks from Tates this weekend. So I figured might as well indulge myself and get some new stuff. Now the Aloe drink I have had and really love them, but the Maison de Kukkia wafer cookies are new.

I really have to say that I am quite fond of the Aloe drink. I would rather get the larger containers, but they only have the smaller ones. It is champagne in color and has a semi-sweet taste. As I have ate Aloe raw before, this has the same taste as that.


I love the fact that there is aloe chunks floating in the drink as well. I have always like pulp drinks. I know it may not look very appetizing, but it really tastes better than it looks.

Now on to the something new - Maison de Kukkia. Each box of comes with 14 cookies that are individually wrapped. There are 4 Sweet Chocolate, 3 Strawberry, 3 Green Tea and 4 Milk Chocolate.


As you can see in the photo, each cookie has a wafer with a cream filling in the center. The top wafer has a nice imprint on the front and has been pressed for a better presentation. The bottom wafer is not as "pretty", but more of a raw wafer which does add some nice texture to the experience.


To really enjoy these, you need to get the wafer moist and let it melt in your mouth until you get to the center. Some of the cookies have some crunchy chunks that also add the experience.

Sweet Chocolate - not really that sweet, but reminded me of a bitter dark chocolate taste

Strawberry - This has a milky strawberry taste and some strawberry bits inside.

Green Tea - Not really a big fan of Green Tea outside the cup, but these were note too bad. You definitely get that "Green Tea" taste with the extra chunks of "tea"..

Milk Chocolate - Now this was a much sweeter that the Sweet Chocolate and was a smoother taste.

Has anyone tried any of these?

What were your thoughts on the taste?

3 comments:

  1. I can't say that I've had those before, but the cookies look good. I've never been a fan of Pulp drinks before. Not too sure why. Might give it a try some time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man those wafers look so good!

    Don't know if I would enjoy the aloe drink though. Just seems so weird because I always associate aloe with the green stuff you rub on your sunburn. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. You sure have a taste for Japanese goodies!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...