Wednesday, December 28, 2011

Cosplay Interview: NAMEKO

We have another wonder Cosplayer Interview this week from the Land of the Rising Sun - NAMEKO!

You have probably seen her on some of my Friday cosplay series. She does some fabulous cosplays from a wide range of characters. She is not shy either as you can see her cosplay as the Hyper Nurse, Shunya Yamashita characters and some from Queen's Blade.

She has a very long list of cosplays and crossplays that she has done. it is amazing the amount of detail and accuracy she places on her cosplays. There are some that you will do a double take on just to see all the integrate parts she has applied.

I want to let you know that I have "paraphrased" what was noted by her. She did a great job trying to reply in English and per her request, I worked to assist with the translation. As we know, not all Japanese words translate to English and vise versa.

Lets get to this interview now:

What is your name, where do you reside and what is your age?

"My name is namechiru, I am 25 years old and live in Japan."

What as the first one that started you on the road to cosplay?

"The first cosplay I did was Zell from Final Fantasy 8"

How do you choose which characters you will Cosplay?

"I enjoy modeling and choose them from a figure (ie Shunya Yamashita) or other source."


I saw that you make your own Cosplay, how long does it usually take to make one and what items do you use to make them?


"Some of the cosplays can take up to 3 months to complete. I use urethane board and cloth mainly, but also use Pekapeka stretch fabric as well."


When not cosplaying, what do you do?


"I like to cook and draw."

For any aspiring cosplayers a little shy, what words of wisdom do you have for them to get started?

"You must begin with what aspires you to cosplay. You must cosplay what is important to you and not worry about your ability in the beginning. Keep continuing as you will just get better."

Where can we catch more of your Cosplay at?

Cure | Website | cosplay.com

Our Photographers: Names were in Japanese, so let me know if you see yours so I can post it.

Some Additional Cosplay Photographs










I want to thank NAMEKO for taking the time to write to me and to the Photographers for the great photos that you get to see here today.

Want to be my next interviewed COSPLAY STAR? ~ Drop me a line a bluedrakon (at) gmail (dot) com!

2 comments:

  1. OMFG! i never saw this cosplayer, and i research a lot, cause im a cosplayer too lol but this girl ROX! amazing costumes! *_*

    btw great blog guys!
    kisses =************
    Plu

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Plu, thanks of dropping a note as we always appreciate to hear from other cosplayers.

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...