Sunday, January 01, 2012

HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012

I am just happy that 2011 is over as the end of the year sucked and we need a fresh start. Though I did get a lot of new stuff at the end of the year, which did bring some hope for the new one.

We have now started a brand new year and only 354 days until the end of the World. What joy will this year bring as our existence winds down?

What, you don't know what I am talking about?

Well, you better break out your Travel Edition of the Mayan Calendar and check it out. It is all the rage this year. What has been decoded is that the Mayans calendar stopped counting the days as of 12/21/2012 which is the the Winter Solstice. Sorry, no Christmas this year.

Enough of the doom and gloom I guess.

Have you made any New Years Resolutions? I try not to as I usually give up before the end of the first month. This year though, will give it a try since it is the last one.

My New Years Resolutions:
  1. More review posts of anime, manga and figures
  2. Get out and take nature photos again
  3. Loose weight and 'try' to be healthier
  4. BE MORE POSITIVE < this one will be fucking hard for me
  5. Get to a con and take pictures of all the wonderful cosplayers and connect with local like minded people

More than I think I can handle, but will try.

Good part is that this will be the year of the Dragon (Water). It starts on January 23, 2012 and closes out February 9, 2013. The reason for these date is that this calendar follows the cycles of the Moon. Our calendar follows the cycles of the Sun (in case you didn't know).

This is my Chinese Astrology sign, so it has to be a good year for me. I am hoping the luck of the dragon will get me a more rewarding job.

What is your Chinese Astrology sign?

7 comments:

  1. Happy New Year! Not bad resolutions there, good luck with them. I'm not going to make any, as I never do, but I hope I can pull off a lot more this year than before, and crossing my fingers to actually cosplaying for the first time in my life as well as going to a con. Must get out more. As for the end, not really phased about it, they probably just got tired of writing the calendar.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year man! Hope it's a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for all the support, you guys had given me and I wish you all a even better year ahead with blooming toy collection. Toast to 2012!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy New Year Dan, hope you are having a kick a** year so far ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy New Year! Interesting to see that you are taking up resolution for a change this year (and the ones you have listed are quite reasonable too). Let us hope that 2012 is a good year for us!

    ReplyDelete
  6. happy new year. just go around and found this. nice blog!
    well, for resolution, we share the same on #1 :)
    speaking about chinese zodiac, i am Snake. so... they called it "small dragon" :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy New Year!

    @Persocom ~ I am going to try to keep my resolution, but I know some will drop off.

    @Seantaku ~ I hope so to and a great one for you as well.

    @Dennis aka Katsuden ~ everything is given has been received in kind as well :D

    @Andrew L. Budny ~ as long as the fleas stay away, it will be good year - long story :P

    @Q ~ Keep posting fun stuff for everyone!

    @mitayashi ~ very cool as my my son is a snake as well! I guess that is why we love dragons!

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...