Monday, July 23, 2012

Something New and Something Old

I was able to get some Manga in to give me something to read. I picked up Fairy Tail 19 and Tegami Bachi 9. It has bee a while since I got anything since my unemployment. I just missed the relaxing times of reading and really needed to catch up.

I did find out some good news - I can link my America Express Points to my Amazon account. With this wonderful bit of news, I was able to get even more manga. I was able to pickup Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan 9, Rosario+Vampire: Season II 9, Soul Eater 9 and Fairy Tail 20.  Holy Crap, this was a month full of "9's". I think this is a good sign.

I had to go over and dig through my boxes to see if I could something for my wife. While searching, I found some things that I thought were lost due to a fire many years ago. My son was excited as he is getting into the Zoids again and I found several Robo Strux I had.

I brought Brutox home for him, but left Terox, Gordox and Radox in the bin. I would have to re-assemble some of them and really don't need all that in the apartment. Even after 25+ years, Brutox was up and moving when I added the batteries. Maybe one day when we have finally settled, they will be out once again and roaming around.

I also was able to find some old Bandai Combiners. These were from the mid 80's and really brought back some memories. I still need to find the name of one of these as I don't have the paperwork. But the other one I am sure you will recognize. I hopefully will have some reviews up in the future, but am happy to know that these are still with me.

I have a cosplayer interview this week, so I need to review to insure it is all setup.

Let me know if you have had any 'lucky' discoveries when digging in old boxes.

4 comments:

  1. You got redundant? omg thats sad to hear :(

    I wish my hsbc card could do the same with the point and amazon lucky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have something shortly and be back in a job.

      It was great being able to order my manga without having to actually pay anything.

      Delete
  2. I think that's a vintage chogokin Dancougar! It's a gem!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is exactly what you noted - Bandai Dancouga from 1985. I thought it was lost in a fire, but found a storage bin with some of my older toys.

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...