Saturday, October 24, 2009

Saturday Haul - Tate's Halloween Sale

This weekend is Tate's Halloween Sale. This is one of 2 Mega Sales that they have each year. It is a great event and the savings can be enormous if you find what you want.

It started at 10:00am today and I was there waiting for the Mega Horn announcement that it was open. Not only is this great for Otaku, but also Comic Book Fan's. I can say that I did not get anything that I was looking for, but what I found was great.

My Haul


What you see is everything with the exception of some Wasabi Chips and drinks. Some of this was for my son of course (Bionicle, GPX Super Formula DVD set and the Basilisk). You can see that a couple items were damaged. But as this was for such a cheap price, who cares. The stuff in the picture only cost me $82 (not including tax). I decided to see what it was retail and it came out to whopping $596.67 (not including tax).

Here is a full list from the photo:

DVD's
Magical Knight Rayearth DVD Memorial Box #2 (eps 21 - 49)
Future GPX Cyber Formula Complete Collection

Manga / Comics
Gunsmith Cats Revised Editions 1 - 4
The Umbrella Academy Book & Figure Set (book dented and warped, but figure was fine)

Toys
Bionicle Axalara T9 USED (assembled, but everything there)
McFarlane's Fantasy Series 1 - Basilisk
Garada
Aflodai - Repainted Version
Aflodai - Hong Kong Version

I plan on heading out tomorrow at 10:00am to see what is left over. It was hot and crowded as hell today, but well worth the time in line. I hope to see if there is anything else there and hope I can actually get more stuff.

If you are in the South Florida area, you have to check it out!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! That's quite a lot of stuff bought! Must be really happy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's find of funny as the first thing I grabbed was for my son. I went back on Sunday and got some more stuff - all Manga. Again, I got more for my son.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's quite a haul you got there! It's also awesome to see the stuff you bought for your son. I live in the DC area. I really need to find a place like this to get some cool swag.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...