Wednesday, October 03, 2012

Cosplayer Interview: Miwako-cosplay

For our Cosplayer Interview this week, we have Miwako-cosplay.

When I do my search for my Friday cosplays, I sometimes run across some very nice cosplayers. I was researching for a Tira cosplay and happily stumbled accross Miwako-coslay. She has done some lovely cosplays of some characters that you will recognize right away.

She has done several Sailor Moon characters as well as the lovely Lara Croft. I don't get to see that may from the Infamous Cult classic, Rocky Horror Picture Show and was excited to finally see one.

I guess it is time for me to stop rambling (as always) and get to the interview. Without further a-do, here it is:

What is your name, where do you reside and what is your age?

Hi everyone, I’m Alessia alias Miwako cosplay, I’m Italian and I have 25 years old.

What first started you on the road to cosplay?

I had discovered the world of cosplay at Romics 2006, a cartoon expo in Rome.

It was my first time in a event like this and I immediately fell in love for cosplay! Two years later I have done my first cosplay, Sailor Saturn

How do you choose which characters you will Cosplay?

I wanted to cosplay my favourite characters of manga, film and series.

Particularly those characters to which are more endeared or the characters in which reflected me. However at times I choose characters for their costume because in that cases it fascinated me their dress and they gave me the desire to find the way to realize particularly difficult details.

I am wondering, how in the heck were you able to keep those bells in your hair for the Kotoko (Chobits) cosplay?

ahahaha good question! XD

I had thought for a lot of time to how unite the bells to the wig, before realizing them.

At the end I made the bells in polystyrene, as it is a very light material. I have united them in coupler through an iron bar and with this I have tied them to the wig.

You did a stunning job as Tira from Souls Calibur IV. Why did you pick this version of her from the game?

I have chosen this version of Tira because I find her very beautiful and very amusing to be envisioned for the big number of details. I adore Tira therefore I love all of her versions, but I love this version particularly

In reference to Tira, how hard was it to make all the accessories for her (especially her weapon)?

In reality I am good in the visualizing the dress. All the accessories in wood or iron was done by my father, while the objects in fimo I made. I am not very good with saws and similar things, I am always afraid that I will amputate a finger XD

What are some of the conventions you have been to in Italy and how is the turnout in reference to cosplayers?

I usually go in many convention in Italy: Romics in Rome, Lucca Comics and Games, Cartoomics in Milan, Comicon in Naples, Rimini Comics. In all of them the flow of the cosplayers is also always very numerous for motive for important competitions. As an example, the selection for the WCS at the Romics con.

When not cosplaying, what do you do?

I have a lot of interests and so when I not cosplaying, I love reading, drawing, go to art exposition, at concerts and go out with friends. But the university life forces me to spend a big part of my life on the books. 

For any aspiring cosplayers a little shy, what words of wisdom do you have for them to get started?

Always have a good time you! This is the only important thing!

Have a good time in the realization of the costume and with the friends at the cons! Besides, if you want to make your own costumes, start with a simple cosplay. In this way you will become more and more progressively good.

Where can we catch more of your Cosplay at?

Facebook | deviantART


Here is a Shout Out to our Photographers: 

Alessandro Firmalli  |  Cosplay Planet aka Giorgiacosplay Fabiohazard   Francesco Ambuchi  Luca Tonet   Marco Mallegni  |  Marco Merciai  |  Massimiliano Pellegrini  |  Riccardo Bonuccelli
 
Some Additional Cosplay Photographs
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

I want to thank Miwako-cosplay for taking the time to write to me and to the Photographers for the great photos that you get to see here today.

Want to be my next interviewed COSPLAY STAR? Drop me a line a bluedrakon (at) gmail (dot) com!

2 comments:

  1. Great cosplay on both western and Japanese there. Sailormoon is really classic and they are making a come back

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have to agree as I am starting to see more Sailor Moon on the cosplays.

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...