Monday, August 04, 2014

SDCC 2014 Day 1 cont. . .

DC Rushton’s Web Report: SD Comic Con 2014, Day 1 Continued

FRIEND, COSPLAYERS, READERS! LEND ME YOUR EARS. I HAVE COME TO TELL THEE ALL OF THE BEAUTY, KINDNESS, AND UNDERSTANDING THAT WHICH IS LADY YAYA HAN’S.

Again as nervous a “Anime High School Teenager”, on his way to meet the Prom Queen, I fought my way through the crowd to meet Our Queen of Cosplay: “Lady Yaya Han”. All morning long before the doors open, I had been Cosplaying my heart out. I told my Brothers and Sisters Cosplayers of my “Exile” from my family for the “Sin of COMIC-CON-COSPLAY-CRAP”, led by my self-center EX-SON. I shared with them the Thank You Card that I was giving to Lady Yaya. The Card had the picture of Yaya and I at last year’s Con with the motto: “Always Follow Your Dreams”, with this note of thanks.


The Sympathy that I received gave me near tears as walked up to the Lion Forge Booth and caught the eye of a Team Yaya Cosplay Lady. Announcing myself as FRIEND of Yaya’s, passing her a card, she smiled and said: “Last year! Always glad to have Yaya’s friends stop by. I’ll tell her you’re here.” Moving a row over I prepared myself and practiced, “Breath of The BUDDHA”.

Falling into line, I noted Video Cams at the ready. “THIS IS PROFESSIONAL COSPLAY”, I said aloud. Nothing happening. Just at the ready. MY TURN! RUSHTON IS BRITISH NAME, and I kneeled before our COSPLAY QUEEN, as I would give to the Queen of Mother England.

(SPOILER ALERT: Yaya is getting her own Comic Book by Lion Forge Comic! More Later, Day-3. Please give me some “Artist Lead Way”! It’s the “Writer’s SOUL”, within this OLD COSPLAYER)

THERE SHE STOOD IN ROYAL PURPLE AND BLACK, BEFITTING OUR QUEEN OF ALL COSPLAYDOM, WITH BOTH HANDS HELD OUT TO ME! I Basked in the Radiance of her smile she gives to her “Oldest Cosplayer” each year. “GOD SAVE THE QUEEN”! I said rising, taking her hands in mine. “ I’ve missed you”. Then it was right into Comic-Con-Cosplay-Family chat. Presenting her the Thank You card I ask her to take a moment to read it, and she did. “THAT HURT YOU!” she said with sound of “SORROW”, she gave me in her panel back in 2012 when I stood and called out before her, “MY OWN FAMILY IS ASHAMED OF ME”! “And what is wrong with HIM, and you Cosplaying David”? She said shaking her head at me with a sad face to me. My MACHO ARMOR SHATTERED! She saw it. The emotional nakedness of that moment… Voice cracking, I thanked her for everything she had done for me and to support her may I buy her 2014 Calendar and please… “Of course DC”! she said with a long Cosplayer’s hug.

Shook and fumbling with my money, clip in a black spring clip, it launched. She caught it. “Let me for you”, she said taking extra time to count out and explain/put it back my money, in the right zipper pocket of my uniform front fanny pack. She spoke these same words to me, as she wrote them on my calendar:

“KEEP FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS AND WHAT EVER MAKES YOU HAPPY”!

“Get your camera out DC and lets get our picture for you” she said and waved a Video crewman over. Guy was right there and knew “DUMB-DUMB” Cams like mine. GUY WAS PRO! Taking the shot he said: Lets have a “SMILING ONE”! Yaya made a sign, and I swear I heard Yaya say positing us together closer: “DC smile for our cameras, I’m having this recorded”. Taking her hand hand and a last “Thank You My Friend And Queen”, I made my way back out to the lobby. The Buddha made a path for me through the crowd. Dragon Chi and tears hit as I took a place among the Cosplayer next to a wall. HOLDING HIGH MY CALENDER TAKING MY TAO PRIEST STAND I YELLED:

“GOD SAVE OUR QUEEN AND MY FRIEND, QUEEN YAYA THE FIRST”! 
 The rest of my day was spent COSPLAYING MY HEART OUT AT THE DAY’S CON.

DC Rushton

2 comments:

  1. I always think that whenever u get to play a superhero character be it movie or comic, u get Immortalised... Congrats Queen Yaya ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it is an interesting concept - cosplayer turned into a superhero. Kind of reversing the process ;^)

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...