Friday, October 15, 2010

Why I do Cosplay Blogs?

I guess for someone that does not Cosplay himself, it may be out of character to showcase it on my blog. But if you have gone to any Anime, Comic or Gaming convention, Cosplayers are there as well. It is as much apart of the things we watch, read or play as the activity itself.

Don't tell me that you don't enjoy the girls or guys (depending on taste) all dressed up in your favorite character. How many times have we seen a group of fanboys with digital cameras clicking away while a lovely lady is posing. Honestly, please give the girl some breathing room and also get a breath mint!


Though I have to say, there are times they should of just stayed home - WTF were they thinking???



My first actual post about Cosplay was in 2009 for my Labor Day Post. It was all about Queen's Blade of course which I was getting into at the time. But if you were to ask me who my favorite Cosplay character was, I would have to Yoko from Gurren Lagann at this time who was done by Kipi (who I am a big fan of).


It could just be that it drives traffic to my site. I was amazed to see that the biggest Posts were the ones done about Cosplay. Like they say "Sex Sells" and this is living proof. Here is a screen shot of my Top 5 Post which I took yesterday.
I also did a Poll to see what characters people wanted to see on my Cosplay Post. It was a close race, but Vocaloid: Hatsune Miku won by a single vote over Queen's Blade. Of course I had to have my favorite Cosplayer Kipi in the post as well (she is so beautiful).


With all my research, I have been able to find some great sites for you to view some stunning Cosplayers. If you go to the community links, you will find thousands of Cosplayers that put tremendous effort into their designs to make sure it is as authentic as possible to the character.
Here is a short list of them for you to check out and join.
For some of the best Cosplayers around, you have to check these Lovely Ladies. Mind you these are only the tip of the iceberg of wonderful Cosplayers that are out there. If you have a link you want to add, let me know. I am working on adding a Cosplay Links section to my Blog Rolls -n- Links page soon.

7 comments:

  1. Kipi is enough reason to do a cosplay blog!

    Anyways, those are impressive stats. ^ ^ People do like looking at good cosplay, including me. Keep them coming. ^ ^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometime it's hard to condemn those misfeed cosplayers thinking that they have the courage to at least give it a try. What do you think?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have to say that I enjoy your cos play posts. Their quite interesting to see. I bought a Rurouni Kenshin last year for Halloween but I wasn't able to wear it since it was raining on Halloween night :(

    Hopefully I get to do it this year!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Yi ~ Kipi is the best :3 , I was surprised by the numbers and will keep doing it

    @Dennis aka Katsuden ~ I like the poor souls that try their best. It keeps me thinking I can - LOL

    @Andrew L. Budny ~ Good Luck this year on wearing it - you have to take pics so we can all see though

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa now you're adding cosplay on your links. That's great! How about adding my link? :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. I enjoy checking out cosplay, but haven't really experienced the real thing at all. I think the clocest I've been is Halloween xD I've thought about doing it myself but I'd suck at it so I stay away from it. I feel sorry for the Kooh in the first picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Cosplay Mimay ~ I need to add you to my Bloggers list - been on my to-do-list too long

    @ Persocom ~ I have been to some conventions and seen some good cosplayers, but nothing on a really big scale yet.

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...