Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Cosplayer Interview: Naomi May

Welcome to another Cosplayer Interview post featuring Naomi May. This is an up and coming cosplayer that will surely have a bright future ahead of her. We were introduced on SocialCos as I was replying to a post she had on the wall about interviewing.

She doesn't have a large collection yet, but you can already see the eye she has for detail. When we last spoke, she was working on a cosplay of Ririchiyo Shirakiin in her Demon Form. I am sure it will be stunning from what we are about to see.

With that said, lets get to the interview :^D

What is your name, where do you reside and what is your age?

My name is Naomi, I live in Pennsylvania, and I'm 14 years old

What first started you on the road to cosplay?

I saw a lot of people at New York Comic Con/ Anime Fest dressed up one year and I wanted to dress up so I went into cosplaying.

You seem to really really like Miku Hatsune. What drew you to this character?

When I was at New York Comic Con one year I saw this drawing of this girl named Miku. For about a month I forgot her name!!! So then I remembered her name and then I listened to all of her songs. Her first song I listened to was World Is Mine. Soon after that I wanted all of her video games and a plushie of her Cx

You have actually taken this to the next level with music mixes and videos of her. This seems very daring on your part. How did you feel making it and then seeing it on You Tube?

I felt so nervous at first!! Then when I saw how many view I had I got so excited! So it was very nerve-racking to make my mixes. It took me about 4 hours to make it. When I posted it I kept on redressing the page to see how many view I was getting! Yeah....now I sound desperate Cx I descided to take it a step further and make another video but of me dancing to it!

What conventions or shows have you cosplayed at so far?

Well since I am still a beginner I only go to one con a year which is New York Comic Con/Anime Fest but I want to go to other cons in different states and towns Cx

When not cosplaying, what do you do?

When not cosplaying I draw a lot! I also dance to anime songs and play flute Cx I love dancing so much although sometimes I dance to much and get a stomach ache! I started playing flute last August and I was first row in one of my concerts (that's a big deal by the way it means that your really good!) I can play super fast songs and really challenging songs. My friend in school this year helped me get better at drawing anime so I learned a lot in school!

For any aspiring cosplayers a little shy, what words of wisdom do you have for them to get started?

Don't be so nervous!!! Ju st be yourself while cosplaying and don't take it to seriously!!! Cosplaying is for fun! So good luck and don't be scared! First start off with something easy and then move to something hard. If you are making your cosplay just take your time and be careful while sewing!!

Where can we catch more of your Cosplay at?

deviantART  |  ACParadiseSocialCos  |  YouTube

I'm going to get more websites soon I just have to find some Cx!!!

Here is a Shout Out to our Photographer: PhLotography 

Some Additional Cosplay Photographs
 
 

Music Video


I want to thank Naomi May for taking the time to write to me and to the Photographers for the great photos that you get to see here today.

Want to be my next interviewed COSPLAY STAR? Drop me a line a bluedrakon (at) gmail (dot) com!

3 comments:

  1. Naomi May or Miku May... Hee! Hee! The giant leek is an awesome weapon. Lolz. Way to go... Youth is greatness...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That Leek was awesome and really added to her cosplay!

      Delete
    2. Thanks!! The prop was a last minute add-on cause I just wanted something to hold cX (By the way this is Naomi)

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...