Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Cosplay Interview: Sarina

We are keeping with out friends to the north - Canada and want to welcome Sarina our interview. Now she doesn't have as many cosplay as others, but does pull out all the stops for the ones that she has done.

We have even taken this in a different direction as she has a very cool Otaku Crib we wanted to share with you. I am sure that a few will be envious as I was when I saw the Yoko Mouse pad - so much want that!!! We will also be welcoming our first Dollfie to the blog as well today.

I know you are wanting to know more, so lets get to the interview!

What is your name, where do you reside and what is your age?

My name is Sarina but people call me Rina, I live in Kanata, Ontario and I am 19 years old

What first started you on the road to cosplay?

When I watched Sailor Moon as a child and I really wanted to cosplay the main character because she reminded me of myself and she had the same name as me, I ended up finding the costume of Sailor Moon in our Halloween Costume bin at home and I would wear it all the time.

How do you choose which characters you will Cosplay?

I choose characters who's personalities resemble mine or if their stories relate to a past memory of mine.

In our email discussion, you noted that you had some photographers remove your pictures due to abuse. Can you expand on that as I think our readers and cosplayers may benefit from your experience with photographers?

Yes, sure but for their own privacy I won't reveal names, just beware of them. Anyway, I had a few photographers I would see at every convention I attended, they would start off with asking to take photos of me, BUT!

We made an agreement before the photo shoot that these photos wouldn't be made public without my approval but would do so anyway, and another thing they did was try get to know me a lot more just so they could take nude photos of me.

When not cosplaying, what do you do?

I study in high school, draw, make clothing for Dollfies and other ball jointed dolls and play Video Games.

For any aspiring cosplayers a little shy, what words of wisdom do you have for them to get started?

Just get out there and do it, nobody's stoping you but yourself! :)

Where can we catch more of your Cosplay at?

Unfortunately I do not own a Cosplay.com account at the moment but I am planning to create one after the next Convention, but most of my photos are found on my Facebook, some on DeviantART (Old | New).

We wanted to include your OTAKU CRIB. Can you let us know what influenced your choices in decoration (We can see you are a Hatsune Miku fan)?

Yes, I am a BIG fan of Hatsune Miku.

I chose to put up posters and wall scrolls of Miku because she is a singer and isn't afraid to show off her voice even though a majority of people don't like her voice. When I see pictures of her I feel inspired to sing more because I am very shy to sing.


Lastly, you have a lovely Dollfie named Ayane Samurakami and even setup a Facebook page for her. Can you let us know what made you do this as this is something quite unique?

Ah yes, well I'm very new to the hobby and she is my very first dollfie and I was really hoping to attract other people to her page who are also into the hobby because the Dollfie's are hard to maintain and the site that has the most information about them is DenOfAngels and I don't have access to their forum because it's private.

>> can any of our readers help her with the above forum to join? <<


Our Photographers: Everage

Some Additional Cosplay Photographs







I want to thank Sarina for taking the time to write to me and to the Photographer for the great photos that you get to see here today.

Want to be my next interviewed COSPLAY STAR?
Drop me a line a bluedrakon (at) gmail (dot) com!

6 comments:

  1. I love Sarina's Miku bedroom. That is horrible about the photographers, it just goes to show you have to be careful.

    About dolfie fansites, http://www.figure.fm/ is excellent for people into dolfies. It is how I got into dolfies. Alot do dolfie photography there and they are many links to other dolfie sites too. The community there is very friendly. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Cairdiuill ~ I can see that with some of the photographers, but there some great ones as well.

    We sure appreciate the information on Dollfies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the cosplay and the well decorated Hatsune Miku room. Takes a lot more passion for someone who like anime / Manga to cosplay. Thank you Bluedrakon who bought the lives of many cosplayers closer to readers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Dennis aka Katsuden ~ Sarina really did go all out for her room. I am glad you enjoy the interview and I hope to have more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it does take a lot off passion to cosplay, also motivation because most of society doesn't understand the meaning of cosplay. I cosplay as much as I can because we only live once so I want to get the most out of being alive.

    and yeah I went all-out on my room with Anime because the characters can be very inspiring whether they're fake or based on a real person. I had to explain it to my parents several times before they understood.

    And thanks a lot bluedrakon for taking the time to interview me, I want to inspire people to be themselves and create their rooms and lifestyles the way they want it too. :)

    -Sarina

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Aiyaku ~ Thanks for dropping a note and it was a fun interview as we explored things we usually don't get to see.

    Thank you again for your time :)

    ReplyDelete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...