Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Cosplayer Interview: Echow

Welcome to another Cosplayer Interview. This week we are going to the South Pacific for our next cosplayer ~ Echow.

If you haven't seen her, you are definitely missing out on some stunning cosplays. Her cosplays are over the top and the details are breathtaking. It always continues to amaze me the time and dedication that cosplayers have for their craft.

Her Haseo Beast Form Hack//G.U is just one example of what I am talking about. As you can see in the profile shot, the lights on is cosplay are out of this world and really being that extra 'BAM" to the character. Not only does her cosplays work well, but the addition of the weapons is just as spectacular.

I guess you want to know and see more about her, so lets get to the interview!

What is your name, where do you reside and what is your age?

[My name is] Echow. I live in Jakarta, Indonesia and I’m 24 years old

What first started you on the road to cosplay?

I like to play console games and read mangas. When I was in high school, I went to cosplay events and felt so much fun. So after that I was interested to cosplay my favourite character in games or mangas.

How do you choose which characters you will Cosplay?

I choose the character because I like the character and the design of the costume

What really grabbed my attention was your Haseo Beast cosplay. How long did that take to make as I saw that you also had lights in it as well?

I made it about 3 months. Yah, It was the second time I tried to use LED as one of the material

What materials did you use to complete these type of cosplays?

I usually use eva foam to make the costumes with variation of PVC pipe, fiber for the wings, and board for sword

In reference to your massive cosplays (Elyos, Haseo and Lancelot Albion), why do you pick these highly detailed characters to cosplay?

Because it gave me the spirit to try something detailed (elyos,haseo) and big (lancelot). I want to try become a robot sometimes, so I pick Lancelot because I love the design and I like Code Geass.

Do you make all these cosplays by yourself or do you have a group of friends that help as well?

Usually I made it myself, but I need assistance for make some parts, like the structure of the wings etc.

Thanks for my parents and Daikon team who help me to finish the costume


Do you enjoy cosplaying with an elaborately details character or something simple like Natsu and why?

I like both of them. I feel boring if I just cosplay a detailed characters. I want to cosplay with simple costume too . It’s fun if I cosplay both of them

I read that you represented Indonesia in the Anime Festival Asia 2012 in Singapore. How do you prepare yourself for these intense cosplay competitions?

It quite busy days, thanks to my family and friends who helped us prepare all the things. Thank you Daikon team (Wii, Youna, Rin Yagami, Mia, Sasu, Yuzu) for the support so we can participate in AFA 2012 in Singapore. I made the costumes and props almost everyday, and together we created the scenario and movements.

It was a great memories , thanks for all who supported us (me and Sora Hua as Daikon Sky)

When not cosplaying, what do you do?

Now I doing my thesis for master degree

For any aspiring cosplayers a little shy, what words of wisdom do you have for them to get started?

Just do cosplay with all your heart, don’t be afraid to try something new. Make friends with other cosplayers so we can enjoy it together.

Where can we catch more of your Cosplay at?

You can contact me via:  Facebook  | Facebook Club  |  deviantART  |  Twitter  |  WorldCosplay

You can watch my cosplay performance at YouTube. Below is my .Hack//GU final skit @ Anime Festival Asia Singapore 2012.


Here are some other videos as well: Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep  |  The Legend of Dragoon

Here is a Shout Out to our Photographers: 

Archilles  |  Wii Exe Feyr Nico Dinata  |  Umibozu  |  Akihi Aslu  |  Prayudhi Kitsune  alivealf  |  Arthuro Marki  |  Garonk Neko  
Some Additional Cosplay Photographs
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


I want to thank Echow for taking the time to write to me and to the Photographers for the great photos that you get to see here today.

Want to be my next interviewed COSPLAYER or know someone that you want to recommend? Drop me a line a bluedrakon (at) gmail (dot) com!

4 comments:

  1. I see lotz of armour in this post. Nice cosplaying though the darker side of knight fantasy characters is not so much to my liking. A strong team of costume makers. Impressive! Lancelot is pretty cool...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is cool all the work they put into these cosplays and how HUGE they are. I still can't get over the lights on the Haseo cosplay.

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks for dropping by and I am sure he appreciates your wonderful comment!!!!

      Delete

Don't just Read and Run, leave me a note about what you thought of the blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...